Monday, April 26, 2010

Clearly A Factor - Amanda Lyons

Congratulations to Factor Women, the sponsoring agency of Style Wars whose models tore up the runway. Style Wars 2010 was a huge success hosted that has sharpened the edge of the Chicago Fashion Scene. Pictured above is Amanda Lyons of Factor Women who so willingly shares with us below:

Stylewars was my first runway show, and I was excited to be involved with a charitable event that highlighted Chicago designers. I had the most surreal and beautiful experience with many different factors (no pun intended) playing a significant role. Models were to arrive at 6:30 for hair and make up, and the show was to go on at 8:30 p.m. Backstage was a little hectic because we had every model, make up artist, hair stylist, and designer with their avant garde attire all getting ready at once.

As a stylist left our back room, the door closed slowly and I peeked outside. Of all the people waiting to enter the main event and get seated, I saw my brother standing outside the door waving to me. Just seeing him and the stream of people waiting to enter made me feel extremely anxious and nervous. It was time to finally line up and I could hear the music starting. As I walked my first step ever on the runway I took a deep breath and thought, “Lord, please help me.”

The energy, the people, the clothing, the blinding lights, the music…I cannot quite put into words this euphoric experience, and I am actually content not being able to accurately describe what I felt, because at that moment I was the only person in the entire world that had this adrenaline rush and experience to take in. I realize there are models on the runway everyday experiencing this same feeling as me, and maybe they can better describe it. I heard people cheering from the crowd but I was focused on not falling off the runway and more importantly doing my job by showing off the astonishing garments of several different designers.

Once the show ended, I walked out in my cocktail dress and saw the agent’s from Factor along with my family and friends, some which I was unaware were attending and realized that was where the loud cheers were coming from. It was a remarkable first experience, and I was consumed with emotion because I felt the love and support from all the Factor Agents and my family/friends, and I am forever grateful.

SOMW is equally grateful to and happy for Amanda! Don't forget to send us your posts...We can't wait to hear from you!

the archives